They didn't lie
"Where is he? What if he never shows up?"
Back at seventeen, a recurring theme in my journals was my struggle with waiting on God to bring me the right guy.
Seventeen? So young, girl you have time.
So I would tell myself. I'm glad seventeen year old me didn't know it would take another five years until God brought my future husband to me. At the same time, five years isn't a crazy amount, it would have just made me further discontent and lonely at that stage.
I come back to my story - over and over, I reminded myself God had someone for me and someday, I'd be grateful that "no guys are interested, pursue me, all my friends are dating, and some even getting engaged at eighteen, but I'm solo Emily, without anyone in sight."
It was hard to console myself when God pressed into my heart that I wanted to be a wife and mother, and if I had the NERVE to tell anyone that, if they asked me what I wanted to do, I had to deal with how dumb I felt for saying it and having no potential man in sight.
I'm still young - I'll be getting married at twenty two, I know, and being sad and lonely at seventeen for someone seems silly looking back - but you guys, it's because we are made for these roles and relationships and our minds are battling with when it's not yet on our timeline.
Don't undermine the pain felt even when you look back and think how silly you were being - and don't let that affect how you respond to your siblings or others at that age, struggling with the same thing.
Don't even let your confidence and happiness with where you're at make you undermine the pain someone else is experiencing for waiting even longer than you for something they've prayed about so long.
I remember my friend telling me that one day God would bring the right guy in my life and I would be so glad it was none of the guys that I had noticed before who never seemed to give me the time of day or desired to.
Well, I may have temporarily stopped believing it for a little while.
Guess when he did show up?
In the midst of health issues, diet changes, weight loss, the mental struggle of not being able to control what happens with my health, feeling at my lowest - the kindest, sweetest, most caring man I've ever met showed up, asking if I would give him the time of day.
They didn't lie when they told me the right one was worth waiting for.
It still blows my mind when he has taken every action of caring for me to the fullest even since our first date - catering to my health needs.
My right guy still continues to blow my mind as he has shown love and selflessness in:
1. Waiting with me while I slowly hiked a mountain (he has hiked presidential range in one day, and used to run track and races, he could do it quickly and easily)
2. Working so hard on making sure any meal he makes or his parents make lines up within my health specifics
3. Keeps a blanket in his car for me because I always get cold when we drive
4. Drives four hours if he has to to pick me up and drive back out to his area
5. Spends his free hours working on applications for apartments, responding to my lengthy letters when he can, planning for the future, works responsibly every day so he can provide for me and future family
6. Has patience to wait for me to figure out what I want to say when he sees I have an issue with something (even if it takes a few hours)
7. Is more than willing to take me home early if I'm feeling unwell so I can rest.
8. Calls and leads me in devotions as regularly as possible.
9. Reads what I write and is my biggest fan
10. Listens to all my big ideas and supports me with enthusiasm - although he might occasionally have to remind me of reality.
11. Reminds me of all the good things and the continual good plan of our Father
12. Worships with joy and seriousness, every week
I could go on and on - but I have future blog posts for that, don't I?
Needless to say, yes, thank goodness, God planned this story and brought him to me in His very perfect time.
I could never have written a story this good. They weren't lying when they said it'd be worth it and that you'd be grateful all your plans in the past didn't come to happen.


Comments
Post a Comment