Normalcy and change intertwined
The raspberry in my yogurt takes me back to my "free-range-the-yard" childhood, where in the midst of our "traversing the wild west" game, we would grab handfuls of wild raspberries for our hunger on the journey. I grew up with all sorts of berries in my back yard - we even discovered a grape arbor behind our chicken coop one year.
Stability. And the lack of normalcy.
Two interesting emotions that I've run into these past four weeks.
In every season there is something and what do we even define as stability and normalcy since life changes as quickly as the clouds float by and dissintegrate into blue?
Where do we place our stability?
Interestingly, most of us humans need a form of normalcy to thrive and rest. (See how those words actually work together?)
Well, thank goodness the Author, Creator, our Father - never changes. He is even happy enough to splurge on us and give us little moments of normalcy and rest which our anxiety ridden hearts eagerly cling to.
So normalcy follows me even as I adjust to so much different, big and small, as only He knows everything in a life and heart, and the interesting emotions of different life adjustments as well, not on my own life alone but in others.
1. The rasberries follow from my childhood, to the fridge my husband works to pay for - both the berries and those household appliances that need to run
2. The porch with morning sun and vibrant green trees, crackling as wind snaps at the leaves which hold leftover water drops from last night's rain. Birds sing, my barefoot rest on the wet solid wood porch - just like I spent the last few years for summer morning devotions at my family's house.
3. His peace as I lean back and breathe in a summer freshness, watch the clouds pass - His Presence. It is here too.
4. Grocery runs
5. An evening's tea
6. An audio book during chores
7. Laundry - laundry is always there for you.
8. All my embroidery
9. All my people and my husband, all the people who care
But I'm not going to end this without mentioning that some change of a previous normalcy is also an incredible blessing. Like how my husband knows and senses my anxieties and fears even before I do. How he pulls me into his arms to promise safety. How he pushes me to pray when honestly I just don't want to. How he arranges it for me to rest while I don't know how to. How I have a companion and partner to share and grow with.
This journey - so busy, so full, a bit stressful, but I can tell is so vibrantly meaningful. The trail of normalcy and yet the new roads of change often run intertwined and it reminds me heaven will speak home to our hearts in ways we can't even fathom.


Comments
Post a Comment