Baby Kicks

 Baby kicks 

I felt them first 

When I was struggling with an afternoon

Going from this year from a full and busy house in afternoons

To just me, trying to have the motivation to get dinner and dishes done, 

Has been difficult at times

Primarily in the winter 


I was praying for the mindset of joy and the day's loneliness to die down

When I first felt your kick

And then proceeded to feel those kicks all over every ten seconds

I’ve felt you move since week thirteen - weird butterfly feels

But these kicks at seventeen weeks were so definite and there 


Tears rolled down my face unexpectedly 

As I thanked God for your sweet little soul

That lives vibrantly in your small forming body

As you grow inside me

Reminding me that I’m constantly companioned by you now 


Baby kicks

I know they’ll wake me up

And I know they may not always be comfortable

But how reassuring it is to feel your touch

And be reminded of our Father’s love

For giving me these moments of feeling you

And this time of carrying you

This time that we get to love you

Even before you’re officially here  






Comments

Popular Posts