The Way You Are

 Once again, I'm blown away by the way that you love me 

The way you work to provide for us every day, without complaining - 

How you make sure I'm happy, rested, and fed - when I'm obviously out of sorts and in need of all of those

The way you pray for my extended family, by name and need

The way you feel for others 

The way you lead devotions

The way you stay by my side when I'm not doing well

The way you comfort me

And the way you speak calm to me

The way you put so much work into little gifts for me 

And the way you speak to our baby, with soft tenderness and anticipation

You love the same baby songs as me

Put work into painting their room 

You make sure to come to every appointment - 

and often treat me to something sweet afterwards (and the baby definitely loves it) 

as we plan and dream, and take it all in 

I can hardly wait to see you as a father - I think even more precious than seeing our baby for the first time, will be seeing you hold them for the first time

It's a small thing but it's really not, the way you clean my car for me while you fill up the gas at the station, and the way you wash it every few months while I sit inside, enjoying every minute of it like I'm six again - it makes me think of my  father and I know I got a good man 

The way you care about what I have to say and all my worries, brainstorms, writings, thought processes... 

There is an endless list, but I can't wait for all the new and growing ways I'll discover and love about you in the years ahead

All I know is God knows exactly what He's doing and I could not be more blessed and blown away as I watch His love reflected in all that you do. 



Comments

Popular Posts